Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Polaroid.


People really love their polaroids. I feel like I keep seeing them everywhere. Maybe it's got something to do with where I'm looking. Now an application called Poladroid just became available (for free) to download. It's really pretty cool. You drag your picture on top of the camera icon on your desktop, and then you can watch it slowly develop from the solid dark brown square to the image itself – just like a real polaroid! It also develops each one differently. I think there are about 3 different looks, one kind of reddish, one washed out, etc. It also vignettes it and borders it with that textured white frame. Neat.

I guess the film stopped being produced for the real cameras, which obviously devastated a lot of people. I mean A LOT of people. Well turns out some eccentric Austrian artist-business man is bringing it back. Yay for all the people obsessed with polaroids!

That image up top is an actual polaroid shot. Isn't it incredible? Look at it again and remind yourself how a polaroid camera works. Seriously how did he take that?

It is by photographer Jordi Gual, and you can read about it on his flickr page. Browse through his other images. WOW. I hadn't done it until now and WOW. Look at how great this one is:

Well now I am in love with Jordi Gaul. He's got a whole flickr set called "swimmingpool". How great.


Here's one I made with the Poladriod application.

Note: I think maybe I'm supposed to capitalize "polaroid" but for some reason, I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment