Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ways to my heart...


Next year I need to try and remember to create more fun around Valentine's Day. There are so many cute things to make, I feel like I blew an opportunity to spread some love around. Anyway, if you're looking to throw a little love my way, here are three ways you can do it:

1. Flowers – They don't have to be roses or a big bouquet. A single gerber daisy would do the trick. Whole Foods had the most amazing display of roses this week I stood for a few minutes just staring at them. The beautiful rich, deep orange and the ones with an alternative splash of color on the tips were my favorite.

2. Fannie May Trinidads – Hands down my favorite chocolate in a a box. I really like turtles, too. And the little Dove Dark Chocolates wrapped in red foil.

3. Cream Cheese Frosting – I think I had my first date with red velvet last weekend and what a lovely surprise to find out it's covered in my favorite frosting. Plus, the red velvet is RED so it's perfect for Valentine's. Making mini-cupcakes like this is not out of the question today, so if you live nearby, you might want to stop over tonight or tomorrow sometime.

The image is from Domino.

No comments:

Post a Comment