Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kelly Brannon.

Looking at those paintings by Elizabeth Schuppe got me thinking about Kelly Brannon. It's been a long time since I went and looked at these. The top image, Hanzel and Gretl, has always been one of my favorites. It would look great in my living room over the new cabinet.

Island of Discontent would look amazing in my bedroom, although that title kind of depresses me.

I like that her paintings are kind of illustrative to me. I can imagine what they are depicting, and wonder how she was feeling and what she was thinking about when she painted them. That's a fun thing to do. It would be cool to see how we each perceive them, or even just one of them. Tell me what you think if you feel like it.

Collide.

Kiss Me Kontiki.

Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment