Monday, May 25, 2009

Standard visitor stress.

My parents arrived Thursday night and it's been a whirlwind ever since. I kind of planned it that way so we wouldn't have to answer the question of what we're doing next all the time, but now I'm tired and just want to nap all day. My Dad left for Canada early Thursday morning, so it's been my Mom and me. She's trying to take me to lunch right now. I haven't had my coffee even, because I had to get up and go to volleyball practice and then mow the lawn before it starts raining for the next three days. Not that I'm complaining, but isn't she sick of running around? And doing projects? And eating? I am. So I'm back in bed getting my caffeine fix now and trying to recharge.

I regret not photographing any of our outings this weekend, but I learned something else recently: I don't like taking pictures around certain people when I feel like I am holding them up, or they are watching me do it. I also don't like people shadowing me when I am trying to figure out placement for new wall hangings! And I don't want help! I know, I know. But really, cleaning out the garage doesn't really work with two people does it? How many times can a person answer, Where do you want this?

Going for cup #2. Starting to feel a little better.

So, besides sharing my space and my time, which is usually luxuriously my own, I am also feeling "off" because of the new things that have entered the house. I know, right? Nice problem to have. But I feel like I need to get all the walls rehung – and looking "right" – before the birthday party here this weekend.

We need to get the pots potted, the garage organized, the walls hung, the dishes put away, the place clean. We should be running off to the Hinsdale Nursery or the Container Store. The cold and gloom isn't helping. I need to clean out my closets. Oh decisions, decisions.

This is the one photo I took this weekend. We had brunch (oatmeal pancakes for the table, on top of our meals) in Glenn (aka Pancake Town) across from a firehouse. I thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment