Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Emmett Kerrigan.

I have not been spending as much time in front of the home computer as I did earlier in the year. When I rearranged the living room, the computer left it's post on the bed tray in my room for the table, and it hasn't gone back. Plus, it's finally kinda sorta nice out, and I have the strong need to spend every free moment I can outside.

Most nights when I get home I'm just watering plants and then sitting on the back deck until the sun goes down and the mosquitos come out. I have this feeling lately like all I want to do is nothing. Just sit. So doing just that watching the birds is a great way to end a day.

I had a weird past weekend full of plans. I was feeling mentally out of the game. I have been more internal and contemplative lately, quiet and alone. I am so happy that for the next two weekends I have both Saturday and Sunday crossed off on my calendar and "no plans" written where plans are supposed to go. This is both a huge relief and luxury, getting to do whatever I want, whenever I want. That basically means painting, laying out at the pool, napping, drinking white wine and grilling. I'm hoping to take Monday off, too, which means three lovely, glorious days of it.



These images are paintings by a local artist, Emmett Kerrigan. I bookmarked his page on the Linda Warren Gallery site a few years ago for the farm paintings, and recently happened back to take a look. There was only one farm left, but what struck me was what else he'd painted, which oddly resemble the landscapes of my own i55 project. I wonder if he had the same commute?

No comments:

Post a Comment