Monday, October 19, 2009

New Chair.

A lot of people are going to think this chair doesn't match my living room, but I disagree. I think the ice blue of it pulls the blue out of the rug, as well as backgrounds of two paintings in the room, and is an interesting and surprising accent color. I love it with the rust.

What's even more fabulous? On a break from work today, I browsed the Floor Sample Sale at Luminaire. Their version was $430 (on SALE!) compared to the one I bought from Room & Board at $39 (also a floor sample). I know one's a designer, and one's not, but I swear the only notable difference is the rubber stoppers on the bottom of the legs!

5 comments:

  1. i like the chair but it's hard to tell that it's ice blue from this angle. will you post another picture? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehi ehi ehi.
    in those 397$ you spare, there is the history of Design.
    there is a project a certain guy called Arne Jacobsen made in Denmark in 1955. Behind that chair, the original one, there is a company called Fritz Hansen. I visited it years ago and I saw the people working there, making The Chair (3107 is the name), I saw what a long and difficult process is, I saw the passion they put in their work.
    Luminaire, then, is owned by a genius that years ago made a lot of effort in bringing European furniture design in the design-desert of USA.
    And I swear, these are big notable differences,

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ: I will try and see if I can replicate it and send it to you.

    Crimi: Point fully understood and taken, which is why I said I know one's designer. I appreciate designs and the designers behind them very much. What do you think I was doing in Luminaire in the first place? Trust me, if I could afford the real deal, I would gladly fill my modest little home with it. For now I'll enjoy R&B's Jake, and maybe replace it with a Jacobsen when I win the lottery. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the chair. Would love the real thing too. Now that I can afford it I probably wouldn't buy from Luminaire though. You just bought back memories on when I lived in Chicago and worked near there I would go in and browse and the staff was incredibly rude. Very off-putting to say the least. This genius this other person mentions should teach the staff to be nicer to prospective clients in addition to importing furniture.

    Keep doing what you do in your design and everything. We all love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking to modernize your Home with some new and stylish European Furniture. Spacify has everything you need.

    ReplyDelete