Friday, December 25, 2009

Brad's Pug: It's Mao.

I did this as a surprise for my brother tomorrow and I literally CAN'T WAIT for him to open it. Sometimes I think it's crap and sometimes I think I nailed it.

I used a good friends' pug as my model, a pic I grabbed off Flickr. If you know Brad, we have a love/hate relationship with pugs in general, and the more we work them into conversations, photographs, etc. the better. So, him opening a little 10x10 painting of a pug portrait is priceless.

Aaron and Kate, thank you for inadvertently lending me Mao for this project. I can't say there is any resemblance, but there is a dog here, that Brad can imagine is a pug, and Mao is always around in spirit as a pug we really do enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. He looks so worried, as if he's not sure how Brad is going to judge him.

    This is great! He's pleased he could come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the direct quote in response from my brother's wife was, The only way we can top this is a live pug. xoxo friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony: Send me a pic of Elvis, and sometime when I'm wondering what to do with myself, I'll make you a present. Wait, your birthday is next week right?

    Lisa: Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete