Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bolognese and Meatballs.

After I watched a bunch of kids and a couple of my friends get their heads shaved in support of kids with cancer* at the biggest suburban 1-block block party I have ever seen, I did some grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping. I went to AMICI Italian Market, Whole Foods AND Dominick's this afternoon.


Last night Dave talked me through his meatball recipe and his variations on Lidia's Bolognese recipe. I haven't had a full fridge in weeks. So it was exciting to fill it today with all kinds of stuff, but even more so to spend the evening making sauce and meatballs.

*This was I think the 3rd St. Baldrick's event hosted by this particular block in my neighborhood. They have raised over $32,000 this year! Something like 100 people shaved their heads. It was really incredible to see, regardless of the pelting rain and chilly temperatures. Like a not-so-mini-St. Patrick's Day extravaganza. Carts dispensing shots of whiskey, Blackhawk's and Sox Southpaw mascots, fire trucks, port-a-potties. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment