Wednesday, April 21, 2010

An odd overlap.

I know I've mentioned Crossfit over here in passing before, but I got a nice surprise when I looked up the workout on my gym's website today. These pictures of Emily.

Am I crazy or are they pretty beautiful?

These to me look very quiet and peaceful. The lighting with the early morning sunrise, the solitary act of the exercise, the graceful positioning of the body right down to the toes? The stocking feet match the time of day and make it feel even more like she's in pajamas and just woke up, yawning – an incredible contrast to the almost invisible physical exertion going on in real life. I also quite like then seeing the hard edges and true "weight" of the barbells on the floor, that you almost miss while busy looking at the seemingly weightless, floating figure above them.

Is it just me? I'm trying to find out who took these and then I'll give appropriate credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment