Friday, April 30, 2010

Weekend plans.

These are some nice brushes. They remind me of a book I read once about a painter who was so particular about her brushes she wouldn't even let her assistant touch them. At the time I was like, That's obsessive? They're just brushes? But now I sort of get it. I've had the majority of my brushes since college, and I have definite favorites. Some of them are starting to fall apart. The ones I really love are sort of irreplaceable? Like really broken in tennis shoes or blue jeans.

Anyway, this image makes me happy. I really need to do something creative that's not done on the computer. It might be cleaning out the garage and rehauling the studio. I feel the need for a major purge and reorganization. I also really need to nap in the hammock. After I mow the lawn. I love laying there smelling the freshly cut grass.

2 comments:

  1. I am once again trying to post a comment. My mom has all my grandfather's paintbrushes. I bet those are really irreplaceable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! You did it! IDK why it doesn't work sometimes but I want to see those brushes...

    ReplyDelete