Thursday, July 22, 2010

I (might) write like...

David Foster Wallace.

I thought it was kinda funny that when I cut and pasted a sample of my writing on the I Write Like site, I matched David Foster Wallace. Infinite Jest has been sitting on my night stand stuck on page 131 since this time last year. It's not that I don't like the book. I quite like it actually. But it's a commitment to read it. I think this would be a great one to take on a leisure vacation where all you have to do all week is read. Those footnotes are kind of brutal. I tried skipping past them to keep a flow going, but found that impossible to do as well. I didn't want to miss anything. So there it sits.

I realize I don't update or keep track of what I'm really reading like I had originally planned. Maybe I should try to do that a little more diligently. I'm about to finish The Sound and the Fury. This also took me a ridiculously long time to read. I'm going to read Oscar Wao next, which everyone seems to really love, so maybe that will get me back on track.

For the record the last book I read that I really loved was Any Human Heart, by William Boyd.

Image via here.

No comments:

Post a Comment