Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby Toys.

I haven't gotten or made Emerald a single present yet. I haven't even looked for anything until today. I don't know why that is. I thought at first it was because I haven't been there yet, had an opportunity to see her and deliver it myself, but on second thought I think I have an aversion to baby gifts in general.


I never really thought about it before but I typically don't buy kid stuff unless I have to because I'm going to a party, or it's Christmas. Of course I think the clothes and some toys are cute and everything - it's just not something I ever spend time looking at I guess. Well, that and the fact that I know they'll outgrow, destroy or ignore whatever I've gone and spent my hard-earned cash on!*

I like to joke to my brother that the only things I'll ever buy her are going to be plastic, neon colored, or make some terrible obnoxious noise. But I'm pretty sure I'll never really do that. So I started browsing. A lot of the toys from Hazelnut Kids are kind of nice. Simple and classic. I'll tell you what I really look forward to is buying her a plane ticket and shipping her out to visit me for a week. Pink tutu's and ballet slippers and wands.

*Probably subconsciously why I started giving drawings and paintings? That and they're free!

2 comments:

  1. Emerald would be thrilled to have a painting in her room that was made especially for her! She hates her toys right now....just not interested. I think it's b/c of her parents and how they have an aversion to plastic toys. She's us already!
    And the plane ticket sounds like such a wonderful gift! Just like my aunt used to do for me. I love it. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink tutus and ballet slippers are cute! What if she's GIRLY! Ha! I never thought about that before. That would throw you both for a loop I guess. I am now sort of hoping for it!

    ReplyDelete