Monday, January 12, 2009

Field Trips.


I live near a quarry. Every day I drive past it to and from work. This morning I remembered something to add to my "To Do" list for 2009. See if I can (I can!) and take a field trip of the quarry. I don't know why this seems like a cool idea to me, but something about the way you can sometimes catch a glimpse of just how massive this hole in the ground is through the bushes? To see it close up and be able to really look at it in all it's hugeness, as opposed to these little ideas of how it looks, makes me want to go.

Anyway, that led me to thinking about maybe adding a section called Field Trips. And since a lot of my 2009 To Do's so far seem to fall under a sort of "Field Trip" feeling, maybe the goal should be to plan and execute a field trip once a month. Field trips, added. Now I just need to pick the first one.

Note: I stole this image off Flickr. This is a problem. I don't know the rules. If I credit this image is that enough? Am I supposed to contact this person and ask permission to use it? To the 3 of you who may be looking at this page, what do you think? I'm going to try to find out myself too. Viv? Can I use your image?

*This image was found on the Flickr photostream of Viv | Seattke Bon Vivant. It was taken in Ueno Park, Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment