Saturday, January 10, 2009

Things that will happen here.


The more I think about it, I basically want to organize the things that interest me. I'm an obsessive list maker. They are everywhere. I've got loose notes, notebooks, drawers – all filled with things I need to do, things I want to do, places I want to go, groceries I need to buy. Then when I added a mortgage about a year ago, it opened me up to a whole new slew of things to collect and look for and add to. There are now additional lists and collections of pictures and just general ideas all over the place, and it bugs me that they are not all easy to find when I want to remember that one chair I liked or print I'd found.

I added categories to my navigation bar, Inspiration, Reading Blogs, Home, Recipes. These are getting hard to manage, and it's really annoying when I add something to my work computer and then I can't find it at home.

I also started regularly reading certain design blogs. Certain because it seems like I can find a new one every day, but I always go back to a specific few. Not surprising, they are the ones that are uncluttered and organized and well designed by people who have a similar taste. They have led me to Etsy shops and home interiors and beautiful photographs and everything is so pretty all the time I find it calming and provoking.

Some of them focus on the things you make, or interior design, or pretty pictures, even food. A lot of them overlap. My interests overlap. Here's a list of the things I plan to post about:

Art
Artists
Books
Cooking
Decorating
Design
Fishing
Gardening
Home Improvement
Music
Organizing
Projects
Traveling

I am sure this list will grow. If this kind of stuff interests you, maybe the things I post about will too. I am by no means any kind of expert or even necessarily an enthusiast. I just know when I like something. Sometimes I know why. I like to look at stuff and I like it when it looks right.

No comments:

Post a Comment