Monday, February 2, 2009

Swimming Pool.


Those images the other day by Jordi Gual made me think of the movie Swimming Pool. I remember when it made the rounds on cable getting stuck watching whenever I found it. I think I liked it after seeing it a bunch of times. I remember the ending was odd and I didn't get it at first.

It is nice and slow, and the setting is a quiet French villa, which is just beautiful and fun to look at. It's like the perfect little escape for the main character, Sarah, until her publisher's daughter shows up unexpectedly. They have a really odd relationship. Also, there is a scene where Sarah eats yogurt, and I remember finding everything about it repulsive. If you are looking to watch an interesting little mystery, check this out. I think I'm going to put it in my Netflix queue to revisit again.

1 comment:

  1. this is crazy. last night we watched a movie directed by Ozon called "Water Dropping on Burning Rocks."

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211387/

    It is the screen adaptation of a play written by Fassbinder.

    At first I didn't care for the movie that much but upon further reflection I think it was pretty good. Probably worth a watch, and it is, like "Swimming Pool" a bit sexy.

    ReplyDelete