Friday, March 20, 2009

For the Love of Fishing.


I got an email from my Dad this morning with "Favorite Daughter" as the subject and a request to pick another two Shimano Sedona 750 spinning reels for $29.98 each at the fishing counter at Gander Mountain. This is the second time I have been summoned to run this "errand".

Do you know how many of this exact same reel he has? Three. Do you know how long it takes me just to drive there and back? An hour and a half with no traffic. Do you know what else there is to do when I get there? Nothing.

Doing this, though, will up my status to "Double Favorite Daughter". How can I say no?

2 comments:

  1. you might save yourself some gas money by just buying it online and shipping it to him. you'd save yourself about 3 hours, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have, but he wrangles these special deals over the phone somehow. They are about $40 bucks or so online!? He was pretty happy when I surprised him with them last weekend though so it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete