Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bring Spring Inside.


I'm still sick (Day 5) so it's hard to focus on anything and I have nothing interesting to say. But, here's something I love. Hyacinth. They smell incredible (like lilac) and are strong enough to fill an entire room.

I got this one at Trader Joe's for $2.49 – pre-bloom. It looked like a sad little pod of green buds with leaves, but I knew what was coming. I took it home, gave it a little water and stuck it in a sunny spot by the window and one by one the buds turned into these pretty white flowers as the stem grew nice and strong and tall. It changed and grew every day for about two weeks. It was notably different every morning when I got up and evening when I got home, so there was always a surprise.

I want another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment