Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tim Fraser Brown.


This is some design by (I think student?) Tim Fraser Brown. For more of his neat work, check out his website. This is make-your-own furniture from a cardboard box. He shows how you can make a waste basket, shelving unit and coffee table with just a box. No tools, no tape, nothing else. I love the simple design "packaging" of it, and even the final "product" which appears to use the exact opposite sides of the cardboard, but what's got me is I want to see how it works.


This outdoor advertising is also his. I've definitely seen this before. It's his answer to "promote swearing". Looks like he made an entire alphabet using symbol keys. I like it. I wonder what this guy dreams about. I wonder if this guy even sleeps. I get the impression he's got loads of energy. And a sense of humor.




Via Beach Bungalow 8, but she was talking about his Manetone piece.

1 comment: