Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Real Treat.


I asked Carter to send me a list of "must haves" to start my classical music collection, er, this morning. Well about an hour later, this was in my inbox:

ON I-TUNES STORE (plug these phrases into the search field):

Mendelssohn Symphony No. 4 Abbado
**take the first four tracks in the list from this search**

Mendelsshon Midsummer Scherzo
**take the sixth track down in the list from this search**

Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition Gergiev
**take this entire album**

Beethoven Symphony No. 5 Kleiber
**click on the black album up top... Carlos Kleiber conducting**
buy whole album

Holst: the Planets Colin Davis
**buy the Colin Davis album of The Planets**

John Adams The Chairman Dances de Waart
**buy this album**

------

I don't know how versed you are in this classical stuff, but I can blindly guarantee that this is a great launch pad for starting your own classical collection. Listen. We're learning from someone who "knows".

Image via A Best Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment