Monday, July 27, 2009

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Remember this book? It's title popped into my head today for some reason.

This is how I felt earlier. Fitting that I noticed it. Maybe it was the gas leak from the truck that blocked 3 out of 4 lanes of expressway, doubling the time I normally spend on my morning commute? Or perhaps it was the demolition going on in half our office, which is so bad it's actually comical. The blister I got when I walked to have a rubber stamp made, an order to be placed by the slowest employee in the universe? The endless construction and congestion at every turn along the way today? All the stuff it seems like I always have to do?

In an attempt to turn my frown upside down, I went for a run and long stretch at the practice fields, one of my favorite places to unwind when I remember it exists. Afterward, I decided to pick up my fave, Peanut Butter & Chocolate from Baskin Robbins and make one of my most loved salads for dinner. The combination below originally came from my sister-in-law Kathleen (UPDATE: via Danielle).

K's BEST SALAD

Chopped Romaine
Chopped Green Onion
Skinned, Seeded, Cubed Cucumber
Pitted, Chopped Dates
Chopped Avocado
Pistachio Nuts
Goat Cheese

Use however much of the above as you'd like, depending on your taste, number of servings, etc. I prefer a chopped salad, so that's how I make it.

Dressing: Mashed up avocado, olive oil, vinegar (I used pear), sugar. Sometimes I add red pepper flakes and fresh lime juice. Shake it up. Pour on. Enjoy.

Yay, Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment