Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Detailed drawing.

I've been trying to figure out how to get these drawings online. Via Flickr, it's kind of representing the real thing if you look at the large size image. I've done about 10 of these, different ones, and given them away as gifts. When I was a kid, we'd take these "long" road trips. My parents would keep me busy in the back seat, drawing. I would show them what I was doing, and my Dad would say, "Add a spider" or "Add a squirrel". I think that's where these adult drawings may have originated. All done freehand, not pre-meditated, with a blank sheet and a black pen.

2 comments:

  1. I was one of the lucky ones to get one for my birthday many many years ago. I obviously had it professionally matted and framed, but how it was done complimented the drawing perfectly. People always noticed and commented. I love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tony! That was the only one I did on green paper. I guess you are extra special.

    ReplyDelete