Thursday, September 10, 2009

100 Abandoned Houses.

This is another set of images I continue to be drawn to. They were shot by the photographer Kevin Bauman. I can't tell you how many times I have taken a break from work and rested my eyes on them. For some reason after doing that for a few minutes, I feel totally mellowed out.




Aren't they pretty?

They remind me of an article about how you can get yourself a house in Detroit for $100. I enjoy the people that are doing this.

Even Cleveland posted about them when I first started reading there. She's moving to NY and wondering what to do with the blog. I hope she keeps it because it's my favorite one in a lot of ways. Go visit.

3 comments:

  1. hey, thank you. i think i will probably keep the blog going under the same name - after all, i'm still me no matter where i am!

    those houses are pretty amazing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love abandoned houses and buildings. You can make up your own history on what may have taken place there or how they looked. My doctor recently told me about Brooklyn brownstones that were selling for $1 in the 80's; the Mayor's attempt to try to rejuvenate and gentrify certain neighborhoods. He said people bought up entire blocks. Can you even imagine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie: Hi. How did you find this? Glad you're keeping the blog. New place looks great. Hope the sale went well!

    TB: No. I can't. You'd be a perfect person to take advantage of an opportunity like that. Much less scared-y cat than me.

    ReplyDelete