Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cy Twombly.

I was in Philadelphia last weekend for a wedding and I treated myself to a visit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the adjacent Perelman Building across the street.

I'm a dummy and left not my camera, but the battery that goes in it, sitting in the charger, so I'm a little sad I didn't get any shots of the space, steps, and massive Calder mobile "Ghost" that hangs in the Great Stair Hall.

I had been looking forward to seeing the Matisse and Modern Art on the French Riviera exhibit the most, and also the Modern 20th Century Chair exhibit, but I was completely blown away by the Modern and Contemporary Art wing. More specifically, the Cy Twombly "Fifty Days at Illiam" display in Gallery 185.



It was my favorite room in the whole place. I know this kind art is not for everyone, maybe not even most people, but I just love it.

Here are some other sources for viewing that I found a little easier on the eyes than the PMA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment