Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blown Away.

I just got home from This Is It. All I have to say is WOW. I had heard it was awesome, but I wasn't prepared to be so moved. Sometimes when I see performances, I can't stop smiling, and I want to cry at the same time. I basically felt like that through the whole film.

I'm utterly devastated for the dancers, musicians, singers, art directors, set designers, producers, and literally everyone involved in the making of this unrealized "come back" "farewell" concert and tour. The hours of practice, deliberation, planning, tweaking, sweating, joy and pain are incomprehensible to me. The one consolation is the time each of them got to spend so intimately with arguably the most incredible performer of all time.

His talent is timeless. His unmeasurable knowledge of music and dancing, creativity, and just timing in general – WOW. One of my favorite parts was when someone said, Well how will you know when to start when you can't see the screen behind you? and he simply replied, I'll feel it. What a legend.

Blown away. That is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment