Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beef Daube Provençal – Part II.

On Sunday I made this simple and delicious beef stew. (Funny, but that's exactly what Cooking Light said about it). And it was simple. It was delicious.

But tonight I am taking some of the leftovers to another level – all thanks to my new Breville Panini Press. Dave & Jane sent this to me a couple weeks ago and it's literally changed my life.

Now I keep French rolls in the freezer. It's quick and easy to thaw one out, stuff it with goodness and something that will melt, and grill up a masterpiece. In this case, a Burgundy Beef & Cheese. Yep, I just made that one up.

Here's how it went:

1. Defrost roll. Heat up press.
2. Brush roll with olive oil.
3. Press roll halves to flatten and slightly crisp.
4. Build sandwich* and top with cheese.
5. Press sandwich until you have a melty, steamy, toasty delight.

Well, I don't know what to say**. I keep making the most incredible sandwiches.

*I separated the meat from the stew and broke it down by pulling it like pork. I added some of the onions and garlic, and pre-heated this in the microwave.

** I used baby carrots and cut them into circles. Next time I will just halve or quarter them length-wise.

UPDATE: The Berville Panini Press is ON SALE now through December 3rd. $70 off! Get one.

5 comments:

  1. i have this in my slow cooker right now! cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i need to make this stew and get one of these darn presses stat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the stew good!? And the panini press... Joan, I'm telling you... get one!

    ReplyDelete