Thursday, January 13, 2011

Random Field Trip.

On my way to the movies the other night, I happened to notice windows full of chandeliers. It was dark at the time, and full stories of the building were lit up and it just glowed with these ornate hanging light crystals. So I decided to walk by the place (it's like 3 blocks from my office). It's open to the public. The space is huge. I want to say there were four floors filled with these hanging light fixtures.

I'm not really a chandelier-kinda girl, but something about seeing rows and rows of them struck me as really beautiful. Then once I was inside, I had to wonder, Who's in the market for these? How do they choose one over another? There were at least 8 people working in there with no customers?

It was funny to notice how some were really amazing. Even the small ones could be intimate and beautiful. I have a new appreciation... but I may have to go back to take a shot of my initial view from the street at night because actually, that's where the real glowing magic happened for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'd love to see that pic!


    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete