Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pizza Party.

We had a "build-your-own" pizza party on Saturday night. The idea was to bring ingredients and roll out/build pizzas for everyone to sample. Lindsey kicked it off with a truffle oil/truffle salted crust topped with arugula and pear and walnuts. Clay made one with carmelized onion and fennel, goat cheese and tomato. Another good one had sausage and gorgonzola, and another was a classic – pesto, garlic and tomato.

Steve made one with eggs, peppers and cheese, dipped in salsa (good, but we all sort of agreed it needed some meat). Katy made her spinach dip with parmesan cheese appetizer pizza. I loved Lindsey's dessert pizza: mascarpone blended with honey and spread over the crust, then topped with apricot, cranberries and pine nuts. Wow.

But for sure the show stopper was Dave's Fried Chicken Pizza.

On top of the crust he put a layer of provolone cheese, spread a layer of gravy, and heaped on a pile of mashed potatoes.

Then he added the shredded fried chicken, and finished it off with a layer of cheddar cheese.


After it came out of the oven, we garnished it with cole slaw. I've had cravings for it every day since. YUM!

6 comments:

  1. I have been craving it too! It was awesome!Stop me if I say I am going to KFC. It always sounds good then you eat it and feel sick and have a fridge full of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) Why am I never invited to parties with things like fried chicken pizza.
    B) I also want all the other pizzas.
    C) Did Linsey get a perm??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy: We could probably get a single meal deal, make a pizza out of it to feed 4 people, and not get sick after.

    Anon (Katie): A) I didn't know there was a fried chicken pizza in the making, but I will invite you next time, B) You'd probably like them all, and C) That's her natural with out a blow dry.

    ReplyDelete