Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TV Cabinet.


Last year, we built two bookcases. This is what we're working on next.

Steve and I designed and (he) built two bookcases for my place like the one to the left of the cabinet above. I love them. Simple, functional, and meaningful... to me. So the next step is designing and concealing the TV in matching "furniture". My place is small, and there is one central location for group TV. I don't want that to mean it's a TV Room. I'd like it to be actually a "talking room" where we can watch TV when we want to. So close the doors, and it's a "Living Room" hopefully a majority of the time.

Here's how we get started. I gave him these "drawings". From this he does his own figuring, drawing. We've now discussed hardware and door functionality options. I LOVE the idea that the furniture I'm going to get is what I want, will fit, and was created by US. I love that every day I walk past the bookshelves we did and for a split second remember the process and feel a sense of gratification that my home is one I'm building.

the bookcases, actually from Halloween 2008, the day the kid dressed as beethoven said "cool library"

This is it at this point. Hopefully I will have some updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment