Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An unlikely stress reliever in Leandro Erlich.


For a day that started out fairly pleasantly even though it was 18º on my way in to work, it took a deep pitch to the dark side this afternoon. I tried to let it go but I couldn't shake it.

I decided to search pools on Flickr to see if it would lift my spirits. Laying on a deck chair by a pool thinking about nothing in particular would be a luxury right now. I need some mental time off. Looking at it = next best thing.

This image is nothing like what I was looking for but isn't it something? It totally mesmerized me and calmed me down despite the disturbing quality of the image. A lot of questions started zipping through my head. Of the, How did he take that picture? variety.

Visit Leandro Erlich's website. Click on "Swimming Pools". I was surprised. And totally mellowed out.

Leandro Erlich's "Swimming Pool" at the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art @ Kanazawa, Japan via Purple Cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment