Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Andrew Qzmn.

I really love looking at these so much. I can't get over the detail and the amount of effort that had to go into their creation – only to wind up empty and alone, rotting and falling apart in the snow. Photographed by Andrew Qzmn, where they sit in remote forested land in Northern Russia (this is a map – crazy).


I love the peeling paint and wallpaper, the sparse furniture, ceilings, and the blue color on the walls in this bedroom. And the woodwork, inside and out, is outrageous.

* click to enlarge *


Reminds me of the abandoned homes I also love in Detroit, photographed by Kevin Bauman.

View more images here. These show even more of the destruction and decay, unfortunately, but still worth a look. You may have to scroll down a bit. I just love imagining what they used to look like, who lived here, and what caused them to leave.

Via Beach Bungalow 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment